As with any other blogging position, there are prequisites and responsibilities. You would be responsible for posting three times a week (perhaps more frequently) about your experiences in the job search (with particular focus on the metropolitan Chicago area), as well as any resources/books focusing on the subject. (Brendan's done a great job in organizing the blog). You'll have two - count 'em, two writing/blogging eminents helping you transition, so it will be a breeze.
But what are the requirements, you may be asking? Well, let me simply list them in bullet point form:
- Currently out of work and actively looking for work
- Writing Ability (especially with blogging) and familiarity with WordPress
- Lives in the metropolitan Chicago area
- Wishes to gain visibility (this is purely an unpaid gig), but there are plenty of networking opportunities
- Provide appropriate marketing via social media (Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus)
Simply, your "job" would be to write clever stuff....and get people to read it. It's a great way to expand your network (it's definitely helped me), and also would allow you to do me - and a pal - a great favor.
If you're interested, please shoot me an e-mail and I'll connect you with Brendan. As always, thanks for reading!